CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Wicked Girls Trip!

I love, love, love, Wicked! And I love, love, love, Girl Trips, so this past weekend was a dream when I got both! I saw Wicked for the first time last Summer in New York City, and I became a loyal and enthusiastic fan. Therefore, I wanted to share the experience with my fam. So, for Mother's Day I took my mom and sisters to see Wicked. Since, it was not playing in Salt Lake, we road tripped it to Boise, Idaho. The drive from Highland, Utah to Boise, Idaho is about 5 hours. Our "Girls Trip" consisted of 8 lovely ladies in 2 vehicles. Though I am not a fan of driving, we had a great time. Thanks to Shari and Steph, I was caught up on the whole season of Celebrity Apprentice. We feel for you

Meatloaf!



Outside of Twin Falls is Shoshone Falls. It is the "Niagura Falls of the West." However, unlike Niagara, these falls will dry up throughout the summer. So, the prime time to see them is during the spring run off, and lucky for us, that was just the time we were driving by.


Our group posing by the Falls, however, we are so large, we are blocking them! Lol!



My Mom and sister-in-law, Lesha.



A picture of the Falls... they were pretty impressive.



A rainbow over the bottom of the Falls. I think my Grandma wanted in on this girl trip too. Miss you Grandma!

I spent two years going to school in Idaho. So, I still have many friends who live there. One of my best nuring friends, Lisa, lives outside of Boise. We met for lunch and to catch up.



Some of the group having lunch with Lisa and her two daughters.


These 2 cute girls are Lisa's daughters. I wont list there names, but the one on the left just turned 9! That amazes me, because I have known her since she was a baby. I can not believe how fast time flies. Her daughter on the right, I met for the first time today. I can not believe that Lisa and I have gone that long without seeing each other. I need to do better.



That night we decided to live it up, and so we went to dinner at the Melting Pot. It is one of my favorites.


My Mom enjoying her Mother's Day gift. Love you Mom!

After dinner we caught a movie and went back to our hotel to sleep. I was not feeling well, so me and Nyquil bonded, and Steph and Jami had girl talk. Supposly, I fell asleep mid sentence... From what I heard, the other rooms had a good night too.




The next day we had lunch at "Old Chichago." They had excellent pizza. I wish I could have tasted it more. I was still not feeling well...but it was Wicked day, so nothing was stopping me.
R-> L Steph, Jami, Me, and Jenni.



The other side of the table. My mom, sister, Shari, and sister-in-law, Lesha.



A picture of the stage. Cameras were"strictly forbidden" so I was risking getting kicked out of Wicked...


We are all ready. Mom, Katie, and Jenni all smiles.


Shari and Lesha are first timers, so they are so excited.


Steph and I are pumped too. Yay! The only downer about this day, was now our girls trip was over. However, I am making plans for another one soon. And the musical, Wicked, was as wonderful as the first time. And, I already know when I will be seeing Wicked again... Jami and I have tickets for Salt Lake in August 2012. ( Yes we are sick, and a little obsessive.)


0 comments: