CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 9, 2011

My "Golilocks" Bike Race

Back in January a friend of mine at work, Lari, invited me to ride with her in an organized bike ride called "Goldilocks." It is an all women, non-competitive event. I have never been a big bike rider, but it sounded fun, and it would keep me active. So, I was in. And a bunch of my other friends from work decided to join too... yay!



The morning of the event! Its 6:30 am and we met in front of our work building for a picture. Intermountain LIVE campaign provided our bike jerseys. They were super sexy...LOL!



Can you tell this is an all women event, ran by women??? There was color everywhere. Balloons, banners, and even table cloths! It was fun, and well organized. :)



My kiddos spent some of my race time at a park playing. This park was one of my pit stops. They were so patient. Especially Easton... it was his first b-day, and he spent his morning supporting mom!



Here is my birthday boy! Love you Easton!


Me riding into pit stop #3. We were 32 miles into our ride.



I am excited to see my kiddos!


My riding buddies, Lari and Heidi. We chose to ride 40 miles. The rest of our group did 20.



Look how cute! My kids held these signs as we rode in.



Posing with my hubby and birthday boy!




The finish line! We made it! The last 10 miles were grueling... it was so nice to be done. The 42 miles with stops took us about 4 hours.



My kids giving me some flowers.



Easton was suppost to be ringing the cow bell, but he decided it tasted better then it sounded.



Our welcoming party. Thanks to all my friends, and their families who waited for us to roll in. It made a difference having your support. Especially Lari's hubby and son, who offered constant support and water. ( They pretty much followed us in their car.) And to Heidi's fiancee, who bought us Popsicles. It was a yummy, cool treat on a hot day.



Our group posing at the finish line.


And one more pic by the Goldilocks banner.



Yay! We did it! Congrats to everyone. All those early, cold, and sometimes wet, practice runs paid off. :)


0 comments: