CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Our Easter Celebrations

With Easter falling on a Sunday this year, it seemed we celebrated all weekend long. We had so much fun! Here our the highlights...


Grandma Janna gave each of the kiddos something for Easter. Easton got a box of 10 board books.

Brylee got a Disney princess play book.


Parker got word flashcards to assist him in continuing to learn to read. Brand new box, and he already knew 2/3 of them. Smarty Pants!

SAUNDER'S FAMILY EASTER PARTY

Easton playing at the Saunder's Family Party.


Enjoying Pizza with Mommy...His cheeks are so full, he can hardly smile.


Parker showing how much he loves his cousin Aubrey.


For dessert we had my Grandpa's homemade hot fudge. This is my most favorite treat! Thank you so much Grandpa! I know you did it for me. :)


So, I am so not crafty, but luckily many in my family are. :) My Aunt Paula, made these adorable bunnies, that my kids thought were totally awesome.


Kaylie and Ty took some time to hang with us as well.


True to Saunders tradition, we play a game. This year... Minute to Win It. Here we are all picking representatives.


Me...running the show. Would you expect anything else???


Grandpa you are such a good sport. Grandpa trying to get the cookie into his mouth without using his hands.


My cousin, Shane. He won a round where you had to pick up pasta with a spaghetti noodle. ( Sorry I am not a avid Minute to Win It fan... I don't know the name of all the games.)


My cousins, Celeste, and Jessica. I think they are playing "Hanky Panky." Celeste won by cheating.... she pullled them all out at once, instead of one at a time. Nice strategy cuz.


The Annual Saunder's Easter Hunt. This event has occurred every year I have been alive. However, this was the first year without my Grandma. I'm sure she was there though. Brylee finding some goodies.


Parker has got this down, and we can hardly keep up with him.


Easton and I trying to keep up with the rest of them. It was so blasted cold and windy. Did not feel like Spring at all. Bummer.



DYING EGGS AT GRANDMA JANNA's

Ready... Set... Let the Messes Begin!


Parker wanted all his eggs in dyes all at the same time. However, he also wanted to have all his eggs be blue... Problem is he has 8 eggs, and there is only 2 cups of blue dye... His Solution, put 2 if not 3 eggs in each cup of blue. He did not see a problem with dye over flowing onto Grandma's counter.


Then my sweet Bry does not quite get it... Meanwhile Aubrey looks like a professional egg dyer.


Our crazy group. I have this desire to have my kids experience everything that a holiday has to offer. Then, as eggs are cracking, and dyes spilling, and eggs are turning brown from being placed in every color, I find myself asking, "Why are we doing this?"


Easton and Casen were not invited to dye eggs, so they terrorized Grandma's playroom.


The finished project... Not to shabby for a 2 and 4 year olds. ( And a little help from their mommies...if not they would have all been pink or blue.)



EASTER MORNING

The kiddos discovering their baskets. They were so excited. However Brylee was hesitant until she knew the Easter Bunny was gone.


The Easter bunny had a dose of reality this year, and consented to give the Smith children a low key Easter. Therefore, Parker got some candy and a new Nintendo DS game.


Bry-Bry got a new princess movie and some treats. She was most excited about her bubble gum.


Easton got a Baby Einstein video and some sucker treats. Poor baby still has only 2 teeth.


So, Brylee unwrapped a cookies and cream chocolate bunny. She then proceeded to leave it on the coffee table. About 5 minutes later, she is whining that her bunny is missing. I look around, and this is what I see... Easton crawling as fast as he can with the bunny in his mouth. Needless to say, he was disappointed that he did not get a chocolate bunny in his basket.


EASTER = NEW SUNDAY CLOTHES!

Parker looking handsome in purple. He would like it to be known that he "hates ties." And his mommy would like it to be known, that the tie was adorable, and so he had to wear it.


Our sweet Princess. She looked adorable. She had pink shoes with rosebuds on them, as well as a Easter purse. ( She is spoiled...guess thats what happens when you are the only girl.)


Really... can he get any cuter. Don't you just want to squish him? He is so chubby you can't see his tie. :)


There they are... the loves of my life. And yes, I admit it, I did coordinate their outfits to match. I'm crazy OCD like that. :) ( For all my friends laughing... you laugh because you do the same thing! )


Happy Easter from the Smiths!


A quick hug for me from the kiddos. Easter was also my birthday.


The Smith Boyz... at least Bryce can never deny there his. :) Can we say Mini Me, and Miniest Me?

EASTER EGG HUNT

At this point, Mom and Dad took off to Vegas and left the Aunts and Uncles in charge of the egg hunt...The kids patiently waiting.


Looks like Kaylie and Ty were enlisted to hide the eggs.


Looking for those last eggs.


Bry and Aubrey hoping to find some eggs.


Bry and our family friend, Jaxson, claiming their eggs.


Parker in full sprint...


Bry found one... that or she is picking my flowers again.


Easton is not a greedy man... he is so happy to have just one egg.


Parker, not so much. He wanted an arm full. Guess the pink ones were the eaisest to find.


And Bry has sucess too... Guess we can call it a good hunt, and a great day!



1 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I just say "adorable"? I love how your kids scrunch up their noses when they smile! Don't let them grow up so fast! You are too cute.