CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Disneyland Trip - Universal Studios

Wait... are you wondering where the the Universal Studios pictures are???? Well, there are none. We began our day there... but ended it at an urgent care center. Why??? Because we have a toddler... :) So, the story goes like this. We were in line for the Back Lot Tram Ride. Parker gets bored and starts annoying everyone in line. (Might I mention, this is a very long line, and its a very hot day, of and the smarties down at Universal only have two blasted trams running.) So, like a good Mom, I take my toddler's hands and am walking him in the line, to prevent him from pushing and pulling at others. Well,the bored toddler decides it would be fun to pick up his feet and swing as Mom is holding his hands. At that same time, my niece catches his attention from behind us... so now my toddler is swinging and twisting at the same time. Then, the toddler, is crying and holding his arm. So, being a good Mommy, I kiss it better, and tell him to be tough, and we get on the ride. There was my mistake. He cried and screamed the entire ride. Every bump and turn. He was holding his wrist, so I figured he had twisted it or something. I was half embarrassed because my kid is screaming and annoying everyone, and I am half sacred to death because I had never seen my kid act this way. Oh and did I mention this ride is 35minutes long... oh, and sorry to all of you Desperate Housewives fans... they were taping as my toddler screamed through the set :) In summary, at the end of 35 minutes, I know that something major is wrong with my kid, and I have no idea what Universal has on the tram ride.
The medical lady at Universal wrapped Parker's wrist. That is where he was babying...
Just looking at these pics, brings back the tears. I had never seen him hold so still. He was so miserable, and I felt miserable.

After a few x-rays, more screaming, we discovered that his wrist was fine, but he had dislocated his elbow. So, with all the strength we could muster as parents, we held our screaming, terrified child as the doctor popped his elbow back into place. Despite the stress this caused, Parker gave us one fond memory... just ask him what happened to his arm. He'll tell you, " The monkey did it." He says that because he was swinging when the injury occurred. It still makes us laugh. However, this was not a good Mom day for me, nor a good nurse day. I felt like crap. However, we were blessed at were able to get it fixed, and the rest of the trip went well.

0 comments: