CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 15, 2008

She is Here!!!

On Wednesday, September 10th, I experienced a miracle. The day before had been rough on me. After our doctors appointment, where at I was still just a 1 and 60% effaced, we also found out that Brylee was still lying posterior. Though people mean well, hearing that I might need a C-section, did not sit well with me, and I had a minor hormonal melt down that night. But, giving up hope of her coming early... I slept really well. Its probably a good thing, because I was going to need it. The following morning, with an empty house, I sat down to catch up on some scrap booking. At about 1010, my water broke, or at least I hoped that was what it was, because if not, now I was having continence issues as well. :) Being a good wife, my first call was placed to my husband. (To his credit, he was the only one to believe me right off.) He grabbed Parker from pre-school and we headed to the hospital. We arrived there at about 1130.
Here is the last picture of my belly... once registered and in a room, my nurse wanted to wait for me to leak enough fluid for her to test. This took a little while. The rest of the expirence went rather quickly. My Pitocin was started at about 1350, I requested my epidural at 1520. It was placed right away... ( thanks to heaven!) Though the doc took a little while placing it... it was in and working at 1555. At that point my doc checked me... I was a 7 and 98%, as he put it. 10 minutes later, at 1605, he checked again, ( I have a history of progressing fast) and I was a 10, and 100% effaced. We started pushing at 1610, and it literally took 2 pushes, and she arrived at 1618.

Here we are posing with my doctor! I think he is the best.

There is our girl. 7 lbs and 2 oz. She is 21 inches long. And she has some dark hair! That is important to me. :)

Upset with her treatment... can you blame her.

Presenting... Brylee Kay Smith.

5 comments:

Summer said...

I am so glad she is here! She is Beautiful! Can't wait to meet her and hear all about it! Love and miss you tons!

Jami said...

Congrats, Michelle! It was fun having you next door...you provided some much needed excitement for my boring hospital life! She is beautiful, and looks just like her brother. You two do good work!

JC Photography said...

YEAH!!!!! She is so pretty, what a doll! Can't wait to see her, glad everything went so well. CONGRATS!!!

Kellie Larsen said...

yeah! I am soo excited she is here! I need to call you... I thin kI will be coming earlier then planned...she is teeny tiny I want to capture her that way!

Mitzi said...

YEAH!! She is so beautiful! Congrats! I am glad things went okay!