CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Our December Whirlwind!

First, I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season. Each year Bryce and I plan to take it easy during the holidays and enjoy a good movie, or even take the time to nap... however it never seems to happen. The more we hope for peace and quiet, the more busy we seem to be. So, giving into my instincts to be a super mom, super wife, and super family member, once again the month of December has come and gone in a blur. What we are left with... the pictures to help us remember. And if Bryce will attest to anything, its the fact that I like to take pictures. :) So, here are our holiday memories. I hope that you enjoy them! And, may you all have a very Happy New Year!

Smith Family Christmas Party Brylee all ready to play with the Smith's.
Smith Family enjoying dinner in our kitchen.
Parker enjoying his new books from Grandpa and Grandma Smith

Seeing Santa Claus
Parker, his friend, Jaxon, and his cousin Aubrey. The mall refused to let me take a picture of them with Santa, so we went to the side. Can I just say, that I think it is freaking ridiculous that they charge 30 bucks for a picture of my kid seeing Santa! Don't they realize he wont even smile...

Parker enjoying his candy cane.

Parker and Brylee

Atkinson Christmas Lunch at Maddox Restaurant
Bryce being super Dad and entertaining both kids at lunch! Way to go!
A look down the table. I must have 20 or so pictures that look just like this. This has been a tradition for my dad's side of the family for as many years as I can remember. But it is a good one. The food here is awesome. Only prob... its in Perry, Utah, which is about 2 hours from us down here in Highland.
Brylee... Ok, I love taking pictures of her. :)
My sis, Jenni and I. Just goofing.

Saunders Family Christmas Party
Parker enjoying dinner with his cousins.

Santa always has time to stop by the Saunder's party. Yes, that is Parker, eating his Santa treat before he is even off his lap.
Bryce and Santa

Santa and I. Thank you to my cuz, Corey for taking this awesome pic.
Kaylie and Santa

Obviously, Landon is still afraid.

Part of my family doing skits. I failed to mention, that not only did we attend these parties this year, we also planned both the Saunders and Smith party. So, if you never need any ideas... this was hilarious.

Christmas Eve
This year, Kaylie and Landon were with their mom for Christmas Eve. Therefore, Bryce andI spent they day with my family. We played games and ate alot! For those who live in Utah you know why we were homebound... I think our state got like a foot of snow this day!
Christmas jammies! Another tradition I can thank my Mom for. Every Christmas Eve, we are allowed to open one gift... that gift is always new Christmas pjs. Here is Brylee sporting hers.
Parker's had Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck on them. He is trying to show you that.

My fam... of course we are all in our new pjs. After the gifts, the tradition continues with hilarious photo ops.

After a few hundred or so photos, which I spared you from, comes time for making Santa's cookies. Because we all know... if Santa does not get his cookies... he is grumpy. :)

Christmas Morning
So, you know when you are a teen and you swear you'll never do to your kids, what your parents did to you... well thats a lie. So, thanks to Janna ( My mom) again for this one... my kids waiting on the stairs to go down together to see what Santa brought.
Santa had this gift all put together. And, Parker loved it! In fact it took a lot of convincing to pull him away to un-wrap his other gifts.
So, Brylee got a Bumbo chair. And can I just say... best thing ever! She loves it, and it is a great place to sit her when I need my hands.
He finally got the hang of it... and then he wanted to open everyones Christmas presents.
Parker and his haul... thank you Santa is what he kept saying.
Brylee, and her Christmas.

Christmas Afternoon at my Mom's
So, we got Kaylie and Landon back and headed to my Mom's for more Christmas.

Though its past noon, I am not sure that Landon is awake yet...
Parker playing with Brylee.
So, Bryce and I, along with my Dad, had a surprise gift for everyone this year. This is them, figuring it out. Each of them got a piece to a puzzle. They put it together... and realized they were going on a cruise!

Enjoying Gifts
My sweet girl...She is wearing an adorable hat that Kaylie gave to her.
So, she is tired of pictures... I get it, and I bet so are you. Thanks for visiting our blog though.

6 comments:

JC Photography said...

Looks like you've had a wonderful Christmas!!! Miss your guts. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Have fun on your cruise! That's a great gift!

Ashley Blanchard said...

you pictures are awesome! looks like it was a blast! now go rest...i bet your tired!

Jami said...

I'm so glad that you had a great Christmas! Now we have gymnastics to look forward to! I'm excited to see you and Brylee...Anna might be bigger than her when I see you next!

Briana said...

Great pictures! Looks like you had a fun and eventful Christmas. Can't wait to catch up more at gymnastics.

Ben and Lindsay said...

I love all the pictures! I heard the Saunders skits were a hit that you guys planned, we felt bad we had to miss it!

Jessica said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! And don't worry-you really are a "super" everything!