CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 8, 2008

Festival of the Trees

Every year I try to make it to the Festival of the Trees. It is a charity event held here in Utah to raise funds for Primary Children's Medical Center. People decorate the trees and then they are sold. Some of these trees are breath- taking, and sell for thousands of dollars. It is incredible to see how creative people are. And, every once in a while, I will see a tree that is in honor of a child that was actually one of my patients. That is always something very humbling. This year we took all of the kids. Kaylie liked the trees, but wished she were there on a date instead of with her family. :) Landon loved the Gingerbread houses, and Parker loved all of the toys under some of the trees. He wanted them all. Brylee just liked all the action. And my favorite... the sliced apples with home made Carmel on top. They are to die for!
Kaylie and Brylee posing.
Yes, thats Parker riding in the stroller, sitting in the baby carrier. I guess he thought that was the best view.

In honor of all you Twilight fans, myself included. Here is a tree titled " A Cullen Christmas." The picture does not do it justice. It was all red, white, and black. Then they had used all the items from the front covers of the books...including dipping white flowers in red paint. The larger bulbs had the names of all the characters. Nobody was forgotten. It was awesome. Then, under the tree... anything that you could ever want that has to do with the series. Calendars, books, magazines, games etc. I guess the ladies who put the tree together actually took a road trip to Forks, Washington. So, you had high school memorabilia too. There was a ton of thought in this tree.

On a side note... Bryce and I went with some of our friends to see "Twilight"... finally... and we freakin' loved it. And despite all the opinions on characters, special effects, etc, I bought it, and fell in love with "Twilight" all over again. In fact that night, on our way home, I made Bryce stop and buy me the book, just so I could read it again. That was a week ago... since then I have re-read "Twilight," " New Moon," and I am working on " Eclipse." Lets just say not much is getting done around my house... its an obsession. I should have not started again. :)

1 comments:

Mandee said...

Next year, we should coordinate and go together!