CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Thank You For "Some What" Answered Prayers...

OK... what a weekend it was for us. On Saturday, May 3rd, Kaylie had her first date! It was Prom, and in true Utah fashion, her date had planned a "day activity." Their Prom group decided to go 4- Wheeling. Well at 10:30am that morning, Bryce got that call, the one that all parents dread... Kaylie had been in an accident and was being transported to a local hospital via ambulance. Of course, I got the next call, but with the stress, and my sweet husbands lack of medical experience, he could not answer any of my questions... so, in a matter of a few minutes we wondered if our life was about to be turned upside down. Well, after all the tests and a few hours in the Emergency Room, Kaylie came out a very lucky girl. Minus the scraps, bruises, a new bald spot, and sore muscles, she was ok. The 4-wheeler however... totaled. The story is she and her date were riding up hill. The hill got to steep and the 4- wheeler began to tip. Kaylie's date and Kaylie both jumped, she just was not quick enough... As she rolled down hill, the 4-wheeler caught her, and rolled over her. Hence we now have full body x-rays... pretty cool. :)

The things Kaylie was most upset about... the Paramedics cut off her favorite sweat shirt... but at least they let us bring it home. :)
And the bald spot in her hair. ( The picture really does not do it justice...)

For those of you who know Kaylie, you know that she is a good girl. After the excitement had died down she shared with us that she was a little concerned... Before she left on the 4-wheeler, she had a said a quick personal prayer that everything would be ok. Sitting there in the Emergency Room, bleeding, hurting, and scared, she wondered why God had not kept her safe or answered her prayer. Bryce simply told her, Kaylie you are lucky to be alive, that is your answer. As our family has had time to reflect on this event, and how lucky and blessed we all are that Kaylie walked away that day... we have been reminded once again that God does hear our prayers. I personally get frustrated when things don't go the way I had planned... discouraged that my prayers were not heard. BUT, how many times do I miss the little interventions, the small things that make my life better, because I am so concerned with the outcome. Yes, Kaylie got hurt that day, and its been a rough few days, but in the end, like Bryce has said, be grateful that the 4-wheeler rolled over your back, and not your head. Be grateful you can walk, talk, and are alive. I , as well as my family are blessed each day by our "somewhat answered" prayers. In the end, what happens is always in my best interest. I learn and I grow. And I hope that I always remember this day, and how fast life could be gone, and how precious it really is.

0 comments: